We are closed for submissions at this time. Ecotone’s reading period is August 15–April 15.
Ecotone is now accepting submissions online. If you would like to send us your work in that format, please follow this hyperlink: http://ecotone.submishmash.com/submit. There is a $3 service fee to use the online submissions system.
Alternatively, you may still mail submissions to the magazine at this address:
- Ecotone’s reading period is August 15–April 15. We adhere strictly to these postmark dates. Any submission postmarked outside this period will be recycled unread.
- Mail one prose piece and/or one to five poems at a time (mail genres separately).
- Prose should be typed double-spaced on one side of the page and be no longer than thirty pages.
- We are now considering shorter prose works (under 2,500 words). Please only submit one flash fiction or nonfiction piece at a time.
- Poems should be typed either single- or double-spaced on one side of the page.
- Query letters should be sent for longer pieces.
- We have no preference regarding names in headers or footers, or the use of staples versus paper clips.
- Novel and memoir excerpts are acceptable if they are self-contained.
- Please do not send multiple submissions in one genre. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know that you are submitting simultaneously and do notify us promptly if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere. Do not send another manuscript until you hear about the first. Reporting time is generally three months.
- Include your full name and address on all envelopes.
- Address submissions to the editor in your genre.
- Owing to the increasingly cumbersome and unreliable nature of International Reply Coupons, writers outside the United States should use Ecotone’s online submissions system to send their work.
All manuscripts and all correspondence regarding submissions that are sent to our physical address in Wilmington should be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for a response; no replies will be given by e-mail to submissions sent through the mail. We do not print previously published work. We assume no responsibility for delay, loss, or damage.
Want Ecotone news? [Give us your e-mail address]. We promise that when you hear from us, you’ll be happy, not annoyed.